Wednesday, December 13, 2006

40 Best Celebrity Rumors Ever

kfed.15

I love rumors that have no basis in reality. And while I worship at the godless cult of celebrity alongside the rest of the known world, I also enjoy spreading slanderous myth about them as often as possible. It's really all about context. With the right amount of random details, any rumor can be believable. In fact, I think I'll start a one right now.

I bumped into someone this past weekend who knows this Native American guy who went to school with someone who did coke with this girl at a party who was a big-time Hollywood hairdresser on the set of MI3. She told them that Tom Cruise has a gay sex android he paid 1 million dollars for he bought from a secret Tokyo AI boutique for the uber-rich.

You see, it's easy.

Here's a list of the best rumors about celebrities from over the years. My favorite is #4. I totally believed it, and I think part of me still does.

Mikey died from eating Pop Rocks and soda

4_Mikey

"Remember Mikey, the little advertising mascot kid who liked Life cereal? "Mikey likes it," and all that? Presumably, Mikey, though he liked Life cereal, was not as much a fan of exploding. Luckily, contrary to popular opinion, John "Mikey" Gilchrist did not explode after eating Pop Rocks and chugging a Coke, and the combo of Pop Rocks and soda isn't deadly - although it may cause you to lose your lunch. The rumor will probably never go away, but Mikey is alive and well, as you can read in this transcript of a 2000 CNN piece including the ex-cereal enthusiast. - JW"

Check out the whole list HERE.

(via Gorillamask)

No comments: