Monday, December 04, 2006

Strange Guitars

angelo

I started playing guitar when I was 13, and I admit I used to be a wicked metal nerd. (Say what you will about their hairstyles, those fuckers know how to shred.) Anyhow, I figured I'd post a few recent guitar links I stumbled across on my geek travels...

Behold, the "NES Paul". Holy crapshit. It rocks so hard I just got tinnitus looking at it.

news_paul_2006-11-18

(click pic for link!)

And the award for most unsettling guitar goes to Lou Reimuller, who in 86 took a mannequin and made a guitar that looks like a teenage girl. Seriously Lou, how long have you been telling the ladies to put the lotion in the basket? Yikes.

Teenar_front

(click pic for link!)

And here is a collection of more strange guitars..including my personal favorite, "The Wangcaster"..

guitar10_small

(click pic for link!)

And for those of you who want to know what the deal is with that silly looking gentleman with the four-neck guitar, here's a video of him shredding the crap out of one of the ugliest guitars I've ever seen. Bear witness to the hair/speed/guitar/fashion power of Michael Angelo!



(links via Boing Boing, Destructoid)

No comments: