Friday, August 18, 2006

Bookmine Stupid Quotes

dog-top-hat

The folks at San Francisco based book store Bookmine have compiled a list of awesome conversations they have had with customers over the years. Here's one of my favorites:

Hi, I am looking for an old book.

What's the title?

I don't remember.

OK. Who is the author?

Sorry, can't remember that either.

OK, you are making it a little tough here. What was it about?

I don't remember. But it was my favorite book when I was little.

I don't think I can help you.

OK, thanks for your help.


Or this one:


Older guy comes in...

I'm here for an appraisal.

I charge for appraisals.

No, I don't want to pay for nothing.

What do you have?

A book I wrote. It's about gambling.

Has it been published?

No, that's why I need a (sic) appraisal.

I only deal in old books.

Hey, gambling is old. It's been around a long time.

I don't think I can help you.

Yea I know, you're really wasting my time.

Check 0ut the list HERE.

(via Grow-A-Brain)

No comments: