Monday, June 04, 2007

Newcleus And Jonzun Crew

boombox23

All the dope music posts lately (props, Mantis!) and my infinite quest for robot-voice electro videos inspired me to do some retro youtube break surfing..and boy did I find some sweet nerd treasure.

First up, check out the awesome video for
the quintessential breakin' song, Newcleus's "Jam On It". Check the fly dancing, and stay for the ridiculously dope beat. It sounds like Alvin and The Chipmunks had a DJ soundclash with Afrika Bambaataa. Fantastico. Keytars have never been so fly.



And this is one is so fresh it burned my eyes. Jonzun Crew, you have won my heart. These guys were doing the robot thing way before Daft Punk. It's like the Cylons from Battlestar Galactica watched Wyld Style and joined forces with some popping/locking rodeo clowns for a night of lo-tech magic and lasers.



Long live electro, breaking, and the almighty robot voice.

No comments: