Monday, March 24, 2008

Heavy Metal Parking Lot

buck_thumbs_up

When I'm standing wedged in a sea of frowning commuters on the morning W train trying not to make contact with the 400 sets of equally tired eyes surounding me, I like go to a special place inside my weary mind. And that place is 1986, specifically in the parking lot of a Judas Priest/Dokken show.

There are so many amazing things to see in this classic documentary, and more awkward mustaches and man crushes on Rob Halford than you can count. Make sure you watch the end to check out clips from the filmmaker's other works "Monster Truck Parking Lot" and "Neil Diamond Parking Lot"..and some lost footage from the original movie, which features the most metal(?) person I've ever seen in my entire life..(peep the magic that is Zebraman at 26:35).



And if you didn't already know, Priest rules.

No comments: