Friday, July 01, 2005

What the hell is a meme anyway

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Well tomorrow is my birthday, and I wanted to write something before I leave..I've been swamped and promise to respond to comments soon..So Devo sent me a meme a while back, and I finally decided to actually do it. Plus, Rinna sent me one a while ago, and I guess I'll combine them and add my own questions. So here goes.

1. What were three of the stupidest things you have done in your life?

Wow. Narrowing it down to 3 is the hardest part. I'll just pick 3 random ones.

When I was a kid I was obsessed with The 6 million dollar man. I would jump all over the house making that bionic sound that Lee Majors would make when he's do stuff. I was silly with it. And I was convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that I was bionic. My parents thought me a bit touched in the head, so to prove to them I was indeed bionic I cut my arm open to show them I was robot inside. I found out pretty quick I wasn't.

During the same period (I was a stupid child) I decided to eat a bunch of coins one day. Not that many, about a coffee cup full of pennies and other change. Made sense to me. Everyone seemed to love money so much, I figured it must be good for you. And guess what? They didn't sit well. The doctors had to do science magic on me to get the money out. I blame my parents for leaving dangerous money around the house that I could eat. The bastards.

One time I was watching the pump at the gas station when I was eight or so and decided I should put my face right under it to get a better lookiat the miracle of fuel and the wonders of the combustion engine. And I got Gasoline right in my fucking eye.

hmm..I guess going to college and never attending class wasn't such a brainy move come to think of it. Ah, well. You live and you learn. Unless you don't go to class and then you don't learn anything. Fuck it. I had fun.

2. At the current moment, who has the most influence in your life?

Jesus, I don't know. My parents, I guess. At least while I'm living at home and finishing this degree. Man, that's a tough one. Billy Blanks tells me what to do when I do Tae-Bo, does that count as influence?

Anyway, here are some people that have influenced me or inspired me at some point in life:

Frank Dux in the movie Bloodsport.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Bloodsport's main protagonist Dux taught me to never give up hope. Always keep fighting. If not for you, do it for Shidoshi. Even if Chong Li throws white karate powder in your eyes blinding you, you got to keep it together. When the going gets tough, look within. And after that, kick the guy 3 times in the head and everything will be ok.

Kraftwerk.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I love these guys. For so many reasons. They have robots stand in for them on stage. They wrote Trans Europe Express in the 70's that Afrika Bambaataa sampled in "Planet Rock" virtually starting the whole genre of electro and breakbeat music worldwide. They used to call themselves the "Man machine" and deliberately stay out of the sun to look less like human beings. They turned down Michael Jackson for a remix request back when he was a legend. And now that I'm making music again for the first time in a long while, I love them more than ever.

Shigeru Miyamoto.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This guy is a video game grand master. This is the man who created Super Mario brothers, Donkey Kong and Legend of Zelda to name a few. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be such a stupid nerd today. God bless him.

3. If you were given a time machine that functioned, and you were allowed to only pick up to five people to dine with, who would you pick?

#1: Bill Gates.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

He's pretty smart, richer than God, and can probably hook me up with an XBox 360. Also, He'd definetely pick up the bill, and if I use my famous charm on him I bet I could get him to give me a million dollars. Cmon. That's mall money to him.

#2: Edgar Cayce.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

(he's smarter than Yoda).


#3: Yoda.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

(He is Yoda!).


#4: Andre The Giant.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I hear he can drink like 100 beers and eat a buffalo for dinner. I want to see that in person. Also, I'd like to see him fight Yoda. That would be a battle.

#5: Mark "Chopper" Read.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Just because it'd make dinner a lot more fun listening to his stories. He's totally crazy. You gotta love him though. I think I'd get along with him.

4. If you had three wishes that were not supernatural, what would they be?

I wish I knew kung fu. Any kind will do. I know I can learn, but I want to know it now.

I wish I liked Sushi. Everyone likes it. Apparently it's the cool thing to eat. And I fucking hate it.

I wish I could breakdance. I'd wear a viking helmet and grow my beard out and rent myself out for parties. How can you go wrong with that.

5. Someone is visiting your hometown/place where you live at the moment. Name two things you regret your city not having, and two things people should avoid.

I regret that this city I'm currently living in has absolutely nothing at all. Lot's of corn and creepy fields that aliens abduct people in. 2 things to avoid? Des Moines and Iowa. I can't wait to get my ass back to NYC.

6. What was the last movie you saw?

The War of the Worlds. Fucking boss. Not even Tom Cruise and his freakshow religion could ruin it for me.

8. Name one event that has changed your life.

I had a vivid UFO experience in NY many years ago that some people think I'm crazy for believing but it did change my life. I wrote about it before on the old blog. Read about it here.

7. If you had to be one character from Bill and Ted's excellent adventure, who would you be and why?

It depends. When I'm in the mood for waterslides, bowling and ice cream and find myself looking down my nose at all those around me, I feel just like Napoleon. On the other hand, sometimes I wake up on the wrong side of the bed and I feel a bit like Ghengis Khan in the sporting goods store. I go back and forth.

8. Tag 5 people.

Hmm. I guess I'll tag Devo, Rinna, Bella D, Misha, Assalicious, and Hungry Hyaena. Maybe one of these fine blogarians will partake in this little meme thing. As for me, I'm glad I did it. I rarely write more than a paragraph, so this has been fun!

No comments: