Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Top 10 Most Eccentric People you didn't know

Image hosting by Photobucket


Strange people make the world worth living in. Honestly, where would we be without the Heinos, Crispin Glovers, and Gary Spiveys of the world? For one, people like me would have nothing to blog about. I'd be stuck writing about my boring shitty life and posting pictures of my dogs wearing cowboy hats. That would suck ass.

This is a list of eccentric people from the past and present day. I'm a bit of a paranormal hound, so people like reptilian alien conspiracist David Icke are all too familiar to me. But here's one of my favorites from the list:

Le Petomane, the world's most famous professional farter

Image hosting by Photobucket

Le Petomane was the stage name of the French professional farter and entertainer Joseph Pujol (1857 - 1945).

He was famous in Victorian times for his remarkable control of the abdominal muscles, which enabled him to break wind at will. He derived his stage name from the French verb peter, "to fart."

Some of the highlights of his stage act involved playing a flute through a rubber tube in his anus and farting sound effects of cannon fire and thunderstorms.

I'd take that over Cirque Du Soleil
anyday.

Check out the whole list HERE...and also check out Wiki's extensive list of weirdos...

No comments: