Friday, June 30, 2006

American Ape

44973021_020c57e819_m

Guess what? Today I was officially sworn in as a US citizen! Woohah! Now I can finally start slandering the government with reckless impunity. Just kidding..I'm actually pretty psyched about being American. They even gave me a little flag that I waved furiously throughout the entire ceremony. It was well worth the months of red tape and thousands of dollars spent on legal fees.

So crack a beer for me, fellow Americans. (If not for that reason, do it because it's my birthday tomorrow. Yep, I'm an old bastard. But now I'm an old American bastard.)

In light of my patriotic day, check out this video of Jimi playing the Star Spangled Banner at Woodstock...So friggin sweet. They just don't make patriots like that anymore.

No comments: