Monday, June 19, 2006

Fantastic Planet Redux

Lots of TV/movies freaked me out as a child...I remember watching those bug things in the the Dark Crystal and totally losing my shit. I had an uncomfortable fascination with the Sleestak aliens in Land of The Lost, and still feel weird when I see them. And when Andre the Giant turned evil via Bobby The Brain Heenan, it felt like losing a brother.

Clearly my parents let me watch too much tv as a kid. (Come to think of it, where the hell were they?) But this cartoon really made me feel weird, and I had forgotten all about it until coming across it today. Rene Laloux's 1973 toon movie Planete sauvage (aka Fantastic Planet). It's been updated with a new soundtrack, but it's still as fucking weird as ever. Enjoy.





(Via Screenhead)

No comments: